Axetris IR sources are suited for compact IR gas detection modules where a high emissivity, high reliability and low power consumption are key requirements. Axetris IR sources are micro-machined, electrically modulated thermal infrared emitters featuring black body radiation characteristics, low power consumption, high emissivity and a long lifetime.
The EMIRS 50 is the miniature infrared emitter from Axetris, with an emitting area of 0.8 x 0.8 mm2. The small size of the emitting chip, combined with an efficient design, offers excellent modulation depth; this enables gas detection system designers to choose an emitter modulation frequency to optimize the signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio required to achieve the target gas detection limit. Ideal for portable gas sensing applications.
Click here to watch product manager Alan Liddle explain more about how Axetris IR sources operate.
Infrared Gas Detection Applications:
- Measurement principles: non-dispersive infrared spectroscopy (NDIR), photoacoustic infrared spectroscopy (PAS) or attenuated-total-reflectance FTIR spectroscopy (ATR)
- Target gases: CO, CO2, VOC, NOx, NH3, SOx, SF6, hydrocarbons, humidity, anesthetic agents, refrigerants, breath alcohols
- Medical: Capnography, anesthesia gas monitoring, respiration monitoring, pulmonary function monitoring, breath alcohol measurement
- Automotive / Transportation: Exhaust gas monitoring, breath alcohol testing (Interlock/Alcolock), demand controlled ventilation
- HVAC: Demand controlled ventilation, refrigerant monitoring
- Safety & Industry: Combustion gas analyzers, gas detection in fluids, incubators